Complimentary Emergency Roadside Assistance – Terms and Conditions
The Offer – Our Complimentary Emergency Roadside Assistance offer is only available to Roadside Response customers, who have purchase an eligible Premium Car Battery via our roadside fitment & delivery service valid. Roadside Assistance is provided to cars used for private use, under 2.5 tonne GVM only.
Your entitlement allows you one (1) free call out during your 6 months complimentary coverage period. Offer is strictly limited to one complimentary policy per transaction and subject to the purchase of an eligable Premium car battery through Roadside Response delivery & fitment service purchased at our advertised recommended retail price (RRP). Roadside Response may vary the RRP at any time. No other discounts or cash alternatives will be offered as a substitute to this offer. Roadside Response reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other advertised promotions or special price promotions. This offer is not transferable and cannot be taken up retrospectively. It is only available at the time and point of purchase to retail customers only who recieve the promotional code and subscribe to the Roadside Assistance product. Does not apply to fleet, commercial or account holding customers.
Registration of your complimentary care product must be completed online by visiting www.roadsideresponse.com.au/membership and entering the promotional code provided to you at the point of purchase. The normal price of this roadside assistance product is $49. Registration must be completed within 14 days of the purchase date. Registrations after this date cannot be accepted and no other discounts or cash alternatives will be offered. Upon successful registeration of your product you will recieve notification via email and/or SMS. Customer seeking Roadside Assistance under this offer, who have not registered their complimentary offer online, may still recieve assistance but under our ‘pay to use’ Roadside Assist service.
Benefits & Conditions – You are entitled to one (1) call out within a 6-month period as part of your complimentary program. Commencement of the program starts 48 hours after your complimentary care has been activated. Roadside Response will provide roadside assistance were the vehicle is located on any gazetted public road.
Your complimentary cover expires after 6 months or upon redemption of your complimentary call out. You can subscribe to one of our annual membership programs or continue to use our ‘pay to use’ response service by visiting our website or by calling 1300 468931
Emergency service requested within the first 48 hours, or upon the expiry of your complimentary membership, or after the redemption of your complimentary call out, will fall under our ‘pay to use’ response service and requires payment up-front for the service being requested. Users of our ‘pay to use’ roadside response services are required to secure all booking by providing valid credit card details prior to service. Alternatively, you can subscribe to one of our annual membership programs or continue to use our ‘pay to use’ response service by visiting our website or calling 1300 468931.
Roadside Assistance – We will arrange, where it is possible and safe to do so, most common breakdown related problems to be rectified including inflation of a flat tyre, replacement of a flat tyre with the vehicle’s serviceable spare and jump-starting of a flat battery. Where appropriate, this may also include providing practical tips or advice, on a reasonable endeavours basis, in relation to simple vehicle operation, any safety warnings or lights that may appear or practical information regarding the Vehicle.
Minor Roadside Repairs – We will arrange for minor breakdown related repairs to be carried out where it is possible and safe to do so at the roadside. However, if major parts or factory diagnostic equipment are required, the vehicle will be transported to the nearest Authorised Service Centre (within the towing limited specified under your program entitlements). The cost of repairs, including labour and any required parts, will be your responsibility.
Technical Advice – Telephone technical advice will be provided in relation to the vehicle operation, any safety warnings or lights that may appear or technical / mechanical information regarding the vehicle
Battery & Parts Replacement – We will cover the cost of any labour used to facilitate the roadside repair (such as a jumpstart), where possible any mechanical failures. You are responsible for all parts and repair costs in the provision of these services. This may include but is not limited to batteries, hoses, electrical components etc.
Emergency fuel – If you run out of fuel we will arrange for an emergency delivery of fuel or where government regulations apply, transport your vehicle to the nearest filling station. You must pay for the cost of any fuel supplied in the provision of this service.
Flat tyres – If you have a flat tyre, we will arrange for it to be changed with the vehicle’s serviceable spare wheel or transport the vehicle to an approved tyre outlet. Should additional services be required for any reason, these services would be at the driver’s cost.
Key Replacement, Locksmith Service or Courier Service – As it is not possible to gain entry to most vehicles without a key, if the key has been lost or stolen, we will either arrange for the spare key to be delivered to you by taxi or arrange for a locksmith to attend. You will be responsible for all costs incurred in the provision of this service. We will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for any loss or damage that occurs to the Vehicle as a result of this service provision. Due to contractor and vehicle limitations, this service may not be available in all cases.
Towing – If the Vehicle cannot be mobilised on the roadside, we will arrange for your vehicle to be transported to the nearest authorised service facility. The included towing allowance in 10 kilometres. You will be responsible for all towing costs in excess of the agreed distance entitlement in line with attending contractor rate.
We do not cover vehicles that are:
- older than 12 yrs old
- with pre-existing mechanical conditions
- not in a roadworthy, well maintained condition or are unregistered
- not registered on our system
- over 2.5 tonnes
- involved in any way in any form of racing or motor sports
- modified, large or heavy enough to require a specialist or heavy haulage towing provider
- operating as taxis, limousines, rental or hire vehicles or for any other commercial use
- immobile in a workshop while being repaired or undergoing mechanical or electrical repairs at your premises
- located in a restricted access area, private property or is bogged – except where we can enter the premises and you are willing to cover any associated costs
- located in an area that a two-wheel drive recovery vehicle cannot access.
- Not correctly registered for complimentary service
We do not cover service calls that are the result of:
- failure to use reasonable care
- failure to carry out regular preventative vehicle maintenance or inappropriate maintenance or repair, whether intentional, negligent or otherwise
- incorrect fuel or contaminated fuel added to the fuel tank
- owner or driver related faults
- failure to follow the instructions of the vehicle manufacturer, repairer or us
- non-genuine, inappropriate or incorrect fitting of parts or accessories
- accident damage, break-in or attempted break-in of your vehicle
- breakdowns that are associated with any attached caravan or trailer or their couplings.
We won’t provide our service when:
- there are inadequate resources in the area you have broken down — for example there are no tow trucks or repairers available.
- circumstances are beyond our control — such as extraordinary delays caused by extreme weather conditions, a severe accident or traffic congestion.
- unexpected or disruptive events such as war, strikes, storms or other acts of God prevent us from assisting you.
Your responsibility for cost’s – You are responsible for all costs of parts, labour and any other associated costs, relating to the management and repair of your vehicle after a breakdown whether the repairs are carried out by the nearest repairer or otherwise. Payment must be made via a valid credit card for these repairs.
We will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage that arises from providing or failing to provide any of the benefits or services whether arising from negligence or otherwise. We assume no responsibility for any advice or assistance given by any independent service provider for the services rendered hereunder.
Transfer or cancellation of your Roadside Response Assistance – This program is not transferable. If you sell your vehicle no refunds are available from Roadside Response or its partners. Roadside Response reserve the right to cancel your complimentary assistance at any time. Your program entitlements automatically end after six months or upon the redemption of your complimentary call out.
Definitions – The following words have these meanings throughout this document.
- “Accident” means a collision between the customer’s vehicle and another vehicle or object or an attempted break in or theft of the Vehicle.
- “Authorised Repairer” means a motor vehicle dealer or repairer which has been authorised by Roadside Response to perform temporary repairs to mobilise the Vehicle after a Breakdown.
- “Breakdown” means a mechanical or electrical failure, which causes the Vehicle to be immobilised or renders it unsafe to drive, provided this is not occasioned by attempted theft or Accident related damage. A Breakdown may also mean a driver-related incident including, but not limited to, basic call outs such as a deflated tyre, locked or lost keys, insufficient fuel or flat battery.
- “Customer” means the driver of a Vehicle registered under the Program and authorised to drive the Vehicle by the owner and is duly licensed to drive the Vehicle under the relevant provisions, laws and regulations of Australia.
- “Program” means the program of assistance Services to be provided by Roadside Response and its approved service providers to the Customer as described in this Agreement.
- “Recovery” means the relocation of the Vehicle by a towing operator or Vehicle transport company (road or rail) of the Vehicle back to a Roadside Response authorised service centre, authorised repairer, the owner’s home or intended destination as deemed appropriate by Roadside Response.
- “Service Area” means an area in mainland Australia, Tasmania, Phillip Island and any other area that is trafficable by a two-wheel drive recovery vehicle or an island that is accessible by a two-wheel drive vehicular bridge (excludes ferries).
- “Tow / Transport” means that the Vehicle will be towed or transported by the most appropriate equipment available, dependent on the services available, the location of the Vehicle and the time that the Breakdown occurs.
- “Vehicle” means any duly registered motor vehicle (excluding Vehicles greater than 2.5 Tonnes, Taxis, Rental or Hire Vehicles) being used by the Customer and covered under the program, and complying with the relevant provisions, laws and regulations for road worthiness and use.
Important information – These terms and conditions are current as at the date of printing but are subject to change without notice. Roadside Response Complimentary Assistance Program is provided by Roadside Response a registered trading name of Response Group Australia Pty Ltd. ABN 77 118 237 415. Website: www.roadsideresponse.com.au